There are hundreds of VPN services for Windows out there, with a dozen more start up every day. However, only a few VPN services provide the quality service and dependable encryption that Windows users need.
How To Setup VPN on Windows
It is straightforward to set up either type of connection using the built-in VPN client in Windows.
- Step 1: If your computer connects to internet through a router, you first need go to the router's admin interface and enable port forwarding for Port #47 (GRE protocal) to your computer
- Step 2: Open Control Panel > Network and Internet
- Step 3: Open Network and Sharing Center
- Step 4: Select "Set up a new connection or network"
- Step 5: Select "Connect to a workplace"
- Step 6: Select "Use my Internent Connection (VPN)"
- Step 7: Enter PPTP VPN Server name or IP address. Check "Don't connect now..." checkbox
- Step 8: Enter username/password from VPNBook, check "remember password" checkbox, and create connection
- Step 9: Click on the "Connect to a network" and open the property page of the newly created connection
- Step 10: Set Type of VPN to PPTP and Save
- Step 11: Click on the "Connect to a network" and Connect
- Step 12: Connect to VPN
- Step 13: Your computer successfully connects to VPNBook PPTP VPN server
- Step 14: Your public IP address is now changed to VPN server IP address
We know that VPN is a high-tech technology. Hence, one should research thorough and examine all available alternative before making his purchase decision. Worried about the time it will take? Don’t sweat. We are here to help you in thisfavor.
Search Affordable VPN Service Provider
Looking for cheap and affordable VPN service, you have come across the right vpn review webpage. VPNPaid.com recommends the best cheap and affordable VPN service providers. Top VPNs Providers are based on their prices, packages and performances. VPN Services also bypass geo-restrictions on websites and streaming services.